New Sophomore Faces at RHS

Lara Marie, RHS sophomore, moved from Arizona to New York. Picture taken by Ryan Milne.

This year Rhinebeck High School welcomed 17 new students. Let’s get to know two of our new sophomores: Lara Marie and Karin Inami.

Lara Marie

Imagine living in the hot, dry desert of Arizona, where temperatures can climb to a blistering 110 degrees. Now imagine moving across the country to the dewy, crisp woodlands of New York. This is the journey that Lara made.

Drawn to the tight-knit community and excellent schools, Lara’s family decided to relocate to Rhinebeck. So far the town has lived up to Lara’s expectations.

“There are friendly people at this school. I feel like I made friends quickly,” She commented. 

Karin Inami

Have you ever wanted to experience a new country, language, and culture? 

Karin Inami, from Japan, settles into life at RHS. “I like the small classes at this school. In Japan, I had a grade of almost 1,000 students, and to go to 85 is a nice change.”
Picture taken by Ryan Milne

Well, 16-year-old Karin Inami, Rhinebeck’s latest foreign exchange student, is doing just that! 

Karin is from Saitama, Japan, a city about 30 km from Tokyo.

When Karin was younger, she visited the U.S. and enjoyed it so much that she decided to sign up for the exchange program at her school in Japan. 

She will attend Rhinebeck High School this year and return to Japan next year. 

When I asked her about how she likes Rhinebeck, she answered, “I love the cute, small shops and the size of the town.” 

Welcome to RHS!