All Things Science: Welcoming Mrs. Mazzone To Our School

Mrs.+Mazzone+and+her+daughter+taking+a+selfie+while+enjoying+a+nice+Autumn+day.+

Mrs. Mazzone and her daughter taking a selfie while enjoying a nice Autumn day.

Have you been seeing an unfamiliar pair of eyes over a mask in the halls?

It’s probably Mrs. Mazzone, our new science teacher. 

Mrs. Mazzone is one of the new members of the Rhinebeck Central School District this year. She teaches Forensics, and AP biology in the high school. 

She resides in Kingston, where she’s lived all her life, with her husband, three kids, and a dog. Some of her favorite things include ravioli, the color purple, and reading books about vampires.

She enjoys all things home decor, including making signs using her cricut machine. Eventually she would like to learn how to make her own maple syrup from tapping the trees in her backyard. As of now she’ll get to start in February. As for travel, her dream vacation is a trip to Rome. 

When Mrs. Mazzone was younger, her teachers were very supportive of her. In fact they’re part of the reason she became a teacher. 

She decided to focus on biology and with that came the ability to teach forensics. She was always amazed by science and the way it all connected together. 

Before Rhinebeck, she worked at Saugerties Middle School teaching biology, and at Coleman High School teaching AP Biology, Zoology, and Living Environment. 

She enjoys working with high school students because they are independent but still young enough to make a lasting impression on.

When asked what she thought about Rhinebeck High School, she said she loves it and everyone is extremely welcoming.

Due to the change in scheduling and the fact that we are in the midst of a pandemic, it is even harder to adjust to a new school and meet new students. But thanks to RCSD’s hybrid system, she likes being able to see most of her students in person.

Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself; you can find her in Ms. Wilsey or Ms. Koegel’s classroom.