The Student News Site of Rhinebeck High School

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

FREE BREAKFAST NOW AVAILABLE AT RCSD

Dan Lehan
Students at CLS Ella Famiglietti, Evelyn Diesing, and Abigail Didio eating their free breakfast. According to Better Health Channel, breakfast boosts brainpower.

This school year, Rhinebeck has implemented a free breakfast program for all students K-12.

Superintendent Albert Cousins thanked Food Services Director Larry Anthony and Assistant Superintendent Tom Burnell for the leadership and financial support to make this happen. 

“Food scarcity and malnutrition are issues facing families across the region and in our area. In addition to support our learners, by offering breakfast to all students – we can hopefully make the morning routine even one step better for our families.” Superintendent Cousins said. 

Students have expressed their excitement about breakfast and how convenient it is. 

“If I have to worry about making myself breakfast at home I am late and I don’t want to have to pay for my breakfast at school!!,” 10th grader Isabel Carpenter said.  

CLS teacher aide Dan Lehan reported that breakfast every morning is a positive experience with around 40 students showing up to eat and socialize. 

“It functions as a well-oiled machine. Truly, terrific way to start the morning,” Dan Lehan said.

Free breakfast is such an important addition to the community, and provides students with a great start to the morning. If they aren’t able to at home, the free breakfast program helps everyone get the nutrients they need for the most important meal of the day!