The Student News Site of Rhinebeck High School

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

Class of 2027 Hosts Color Run for Charity

Graham Elliott
Gwen Dampf, Meg Winters, Ella Romeo, and Sofia Santoro organized the runners, color stations, and silent auction.

On April 27th, the class of 2027 hosted a 5k Color Run fundraiser for charity.

Participants ran a loop around the school wearing white shirts and colored powder got thrown on them. There were three different color stations and the contestants were awarded with Mardi Gras beads for each lap.

Drew Cuyler came in first place and Ella Donnelly followed in second. Families, alum, and staff all participated.

“Because we were fortunate enough to be very successful with our fundraising efforts, we wanted to host an event that gives back to the community,” said Gwen Dampf, Class of ‘27 President.

The event raised over $2,000, which will be donated to the Ryan McElroy Children’s Cancer foundation.

Several local businesses sponsored their event including Upstate Down, Romeo Auto Group, Rain Spa, Fosters, Kroeg, and Village Pizza.

Winters has helped organize six fundraisers and two events for the freshman class this year, bringing in over $4,000.

“I love doing this for/with the kids. And the fact that we were able to do an event like this and give back was really special,” said Meg Winters.