The Student News Site of Rhinebeck High School

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

Rhinebeck Reality

Class of 2027 Makes Bank

During spirit week, thanks to Winters, above right next to her pal Wheely-wheels, the freshman hallway was full of school spirit, even featuring a light up sign crafted by Mr. Randalls Innovation Hub 3-D printer.
During spirit week, thanks to Winters, above right next to her pal “Wheely-wheels,” the freshman hallway was full of school spirit, even featuring a light up sign crafted by Mr. Randall’s Innovation Hub 3-D printer.

The class of 2027 and their advisor Meg Winters have raised over 2000 dollars ,and it’s only February.

Already, they have had four fundraisers this year and generated over 2000 dollars.

From Krispy Kreme donuts to holiday pies and Pura Vida bracelets, they have had so many great ideas. The craft fair organized alongside the junior class and their advisor Ms. Lehan was the most lucrative fundraiser.

At first, last June, the winning class officers did not have an advisor, so Meg Winters stepped up and offered to help.

“I felt bad because they didn’t have anyone,” said Winters.

Winters and Class President Gwen Dampf come up with most of the fundraising ideas.  Winters is in charge of contacting the vendors and organizing the pickups.

Before the school year ends, they hope to do three more fundraisers, including Bundt cakes, Milwaukee pretzels, and a potential Spring Craft Fair.

The team clearly has ambitious plans for prom. When Winters was in high school, she had prom on a boat one year, and the other year they had fireworks. She hopes to throw an amazing prom in 2026.