Bulletin 9.11.19

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Wednesday, September 11, 2019.  It is a B day.  

On the 18th anniversary of the tragic events of September 11th, here are some words to live by from Barack Obama’s 2011 radio address:  

“Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11/01.” 

ATTENTION ALL STUDENT DRIVERS: In order to park on school grounds you must have attended the CAPE Teen Driving program. There will be a program offered at Spackenkill High School, today on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 and at Arlington High School, on Wednesday, September 18, 2019. Registration begins at 6:15 pm. *Student must be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian. Admittance after 7pm will not be allowed. If you have already attended the program you do not need to attend. See Ms. V in the main office for information.

TODAY is the first 10th grade officer’s meeting in room 203 from 2:45 to 3:45, with Ms. Hahn.  All officers in attendance please.  

Attention Seniors: The Senior Class Photo on the Hill for the 2020 Yearbook will take place TODAY at 11:30am. Please meet at the main entrance at 11:20am.

The Rhinebeck Gay Straight Alliance meets after school in room 107 TODAY.  All high school students are invited.

Are you in need of community service hours?  The PTSO is looking for 10 or more students to help with the block party this Friday from 2:35 – 5:30 at the mini park.  Contact Rachel Decker at [email protected] to sign up. To find out more about upcoming Community Service Opportunities, go to the ‘community service’ page on the RHS website. There you will find an updated calendar of events for all the who, what, where, when, and why questions you might have!

Attention eligible juniors and seniors interested in applying for National Honor Society: 

There will be informational meetings held on 

• Thursday, September 12th at 2:45, 
  • Friday, September 13th at 2:45, 
  • Monday, September 16th at 2:45, and 
  • Tuesday, September 17th at 7:30 am and 
  • Monday, September 23rd at 2:45 in room 146. 

You MUST attend ONE of the meetings in order to apply to NHS. See Mrs. Bie in room 146 with any questions.

Guidance News…

On Thursday, September 12th, the following colleges will be visiting:

• SUNY Canton @ 10:00 AM
  • Hobart & William Smith @ 11:30 AM
  • Emmanuel @ 12:30 PM

Please come to the guidance office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with any of these representatives.

The Rhinebeck High School Science Club will have their first meeting on Mon. Sept. 16th from 2:35-3:15.  They will be hosting club elections, and discussing activities to perform at this years Discovery Festival.  Old Timers and Newcomers are welcome!!!

Rhinebeck Reality will be conducting a teacher spotlight, highlighting our amazing teachers and their hard work and impact on us. If you want to submit a teacher, write the teacher’s name down and put it in the Rhinebeck Reality box in the Cafe or Ms. Wheeler’s room.  

Attn Drama Club: The first meeting will take place Thursday, 9/12/19 after school in Rm 151 to hold officer elections and discuss fall workshops, fall play options, and the talent show. Whether you are interested in stage or tech or acting, please be part of this important planning meeting. Please see Mrs Baer if you can’t make the meeting.

Are you thinking of participating in the HS Musical this Spring? Whether you are interested in working backstage or being center stage, come meet our new director Ms. Tina Reilly, next Thursday, 9/19 after school in Art Rm 151.

Debate Club will meet after school on Thursday in Room 102.

Creative Writing club meets Thursdays after school in Room 105.  All are welcome to attend.

The AV Club will meet after school on Friday in the AV Room across from the cafeteria.

Environmental Club tip of the week-

Why not enjoy the nice weather and walk or ride your bike to school to lessen your carbon footprint?  The Earth will thank you for it!!