Bulletin 9.24.19

Bulletin 9.24.19

Today is Tuesday, September 24, 2019.  It is a C day.  

1954 Tonight Show premieres on NBC (Johnny takes over 8 years later)

Culture Connect will have its first meeting of the school year: TODAY at 6:00pm in the RHS Cafeteria.  We are looking for participants for our new after school club.

Are you in need of community service hours?  

• The Rhinebeck Chamber Music Society is looking for volunteers to help with fall concerts.  
  • To find out more about upcoming Community Service Opportunities, go to the ‘community service’ page on the RHS website. 

Attention eligible juniors and seniors interested in applying for National Honor Society: 

There is one more informational meeting TODAY Monday, September 23rd at 2:45 in room 146. 

You MUST attend ONE of the meetings to apply to NHS. See Mrs. Bie in room 146 with questions.

BMS is looking for tutors from the high school.   Anyone interested should come and see Ms. Fountain to sign up. 

Student Council will be meeting on Tuesday in Room 104 before school at 7:00am.  Meetings are open to all students, so come have your morning coffee with us!

Model U.N. will meet on Wednesday after school in Room 104 at 2:35pm.  New members are welcome!

NHS meeting TODAY after school in Ms. Bie’s Room!!

Guidance News:  

• The PSAT will be administered here at Rhinebeck HS on Saturday, October 19th.  Registration begins today in the Guidance Office through October 8th. Test fee is $17.  Cash or check made payable to RCSD. Please see your Guidance counselor with any questions.
  • The Navy will be here today periods 5-8 in the Guidance Suite.  Please come to the Guidance Office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with the representative.
  • The US Airforce is scheduled to be in the Guidance Suite today @ 10:30 am.  Please come to the Guidance Office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with the representative.
  • A representative from the Army is scheduled to be in the Guidance Suite this Thursday, September 26th from 12 noon – 1:30 pm.  Please come to the Guidance Office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with the representative. 

Attention High School Chorus members!  Lessons have begun!  Please check the schedule outside of the chorus room to see when your lesson is. 

French Club is now meeting on Wednesdays!  See you in Room 107. All are welcome to enjoy delicious snacks!  

Yearbook Club is still looking for photographers from 9, 10 and 11 grades. Meetings are Mondays 2:40 – 3:30 in Rm 151.

Attn All Drama Enthusiasts!! The RHS Fall Drama Club will present the play, Almost, Maine by John Cariani this November 15 &16. Auditions will take place next Wednesday & Thursday, Sept 25 & 26. No experience needed. Interested in Stage or Tech Crew? See Mrs. Baer. Production begins Saturday Oct 12.

Rhinebeck Reality will highlight our teachers.   Nominate a teacher for a spotlight article, write the teacher’s name down and put it in the Rhinebeck Reality box in the Cafe or 105.