Bulletin 10.8.19

Bulletin 10.8.19

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Tuesday, October 8, 2019.  It is a C day.  

It’s Spirit Week, and we are twinning!  Did you know that mothers of twins live longer?  Did you know that Massachusetts has the highest birth rate of twins?

Art Club will have a special meeting Tuesday (today) after school due to the faculty meeting being moved to next Wednesday and the holiday this Wednesday.

GSA meets Tuesday in Room 107.  Going forward, the club will meet on Tuesdays after school.  All are welcome!

French club will not meet this week, but will meet next week on Wednesday in room 107 after school.

Students and teachers—-please download a free app from the App store or Google Play that will give you instant access to your Rhinebeck Reality!  Find the Student News Source app and type in Rhinebeck in the search box.  Now your daily bulletin and all of our online posts are visible in the palm of your hand!

From the Health Office:  The best way to protect yourself, your family, and the community from the flu, is by washing your hands often, avoid touching your face, and get vaccinated with the flu vaccine. October through November is the best time to get vaccinated for this year’s flu season.  Ask your doctor if the vaccine is right for you. 

Guidance News:  

The PSAT will be administered here at RHS on Saturday, October 19th.  Registration ENDS tomorrow, October 8th. Test fee is $17. Cash or check made payable to RCSD.  Please see your Guidance counselor with questions.

College Visits:

Tuesday, October 8th @ 9:00 am – Western Connecticut University

10:30 am – Mt. St. Mary

period 7 – University of Rhode Island

Thursday, October 10th @ 9:30 am – St. Johns Fisher University

Friday, October 11th @ 8:15 am – St. Lawrence University

1:30 pm – Bard College 

Please come to the Guidance Office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with a representative.

Parent Meetings:

Thursday, 10/24 @ 7:00 pm – 9th grade and 10th grade parent/guardian meeting in the HS auditorium.  Topics will include graduation, testing requirements, the course selection process, developmental guidance program and post high school planning.

Wednesday, 10/30 @ 7:00 pm – 11th grade parent/guardian meeting in the HS auditorium.  Topics include graduation requirements, post high school planning, financial aid planning and scholarship opportunities.