Bulletin 11.7.19

Bulletin 11.7.19

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Thursday, November 7, and it’s a C day.

Remember this November, we have several days off.  This Friday, the 8th is a Superintendent Conference Day, and Monday the 11th we have no school to honor Veterans’ Day.  Wednesday is an early evacuation drill after school. 

Debate Club meets today after school in Room 102.

Attn: Seniors! It’s time for the SENIOR SUPERLATIVE SURVEY!

Please fill out the form distributed in Mr Lavazzo’s class and submit in the box located in the main office by NEXT Wednesday, Nov 14. That’s Next Wednesday, Nov 14. No late submissions will be accepted.

Attention Students: National Honor Society has decided to participate in the GI Go Fund Jeans for Troops fundraiser again this year. We are asking for student and staff participation–hoping to have a majority of the school community wearing denim this Thursday, November 7th! Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated. Donation jars in the attendance office and middle school and high main offices and in the cafeteria during lunch periods. Thank you in advance for helping NHS make this fundraiser a success!

Basketball meeting Thursday after school in room 150 for any students interested in playing

Picture retake day for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors on Thursday, November 14. Order forms are available in the High School Main Office.

ATTENTION RHS! The class of 2022 will be holding a Java Joe coffee and specialty drink sale from November 4th-29th. To order, give your payment to a class officer, a participating 10th grader, or place it in Ms. Hahn’s Mail box in the main office. The top two sellers will receive two movie tickets to the Lyceum theatre in Red Hook and two $2.00 coupons to Holy Cow. Please try your best to participate! 

Got sneakers? Don’t throw them away! The Junior Class is running a sneaker drive! Help keep sneakers out of landfills while also putting shoes on the feet of less fortunate people across the world. 

Attn All Clubs: Be part of the Talent Show Hum by having a table in the Auditorium Hallway during the Talent Show Nov 21. Sign up your club with Mrs Baer.

Interested in playing a winter sport?  Signup now using FamilyID so that you are eligible for tryouts!

Community Service:

Need community service hours?  The Museum of Rhinebeck History is looking for a few committed student volunteers to help with the running of the museum. Call Mara at 845.797.5070 to inquire!  

Check the community service calendar for more information! 

A Pre-Calc and Algebra 1 tutor is needed.  If you are interested, please see Ms. Mulkins in guidance.

Colleges visiting:

Thursday, Nov. 7th – 9:30 –  Penn State 

9:35 – MECA – Maine College of Art (HS Art Rm)

Please come to the Guidance Office for a pass if you are interested in speaking with a representative.  

Happy Birthday Parker Dutton!