Bulletin 11.13.19

Anchors Emily Lyons and Sofia Rich prepare to broadcast from the steps of Low Library on Columbia campus.

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Wednesday, November 13, and it’s an A day.

Seniors: Look out for packets to help you order your cap and gown. A representative from Jensen will be visiting on the 14th for fittings. 

ATTN SENIORS: The Senior Superlative Survey is going on NOW. Forms are available from Mr Lavazzo.Completed surveys should be placed in the survey box in Mr Lavazzo’s Room. (not the Main office)DEADLINE: THURSDAY, Nov 14, 2019.

Don’t miss Almost, Maine presented by the HS Fall Drama Club  This weekend Friday and Saturday, Nov 15 & 16 beginning at 7:30pm in thwe HS Auditorium. Come support your friends!

Ready, Set, It’s Rhinebeck’s Got Talent Show next Thursday at 7pm in the RHS Auditorium. Come see nearly 20 acts of our school’s finest!!

Clubs are still encouraged to get a table in the auditorium lobby to promote your cause! See Mrs Baer.

Attn Talent Show participants: There will be a run thru rehearsal on Wednesday 11/20 beginning at 6pm. Please email any music needed to be transferred to the audio system to Mrs Baer by Monday 11/19.

Picture retake day for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors on Thursday, November 14. Order forms are available in the High School Main Office.

ATTENTION RHS! The class of 2022 will be holding a Java Joe coffee and specialty drink sale from November 4th-29th. To order, give your payment to a class officer, a participating 10th grader, or place it in Ms. Hahn’s Mail box in the main office. The top two sellers will receive two movie tickets to the Lyceum theatre in Red Hook and two $2.00 coupons to Holy Cow. Please try your best to participate! 

Environmental Club is raising money to send to indigenous people in the Amazon Rainforest to fight the fires. Protecting the Amazon is a vital part of preventing climate change and provides much of the oxygen on Earth. Environmental Club is sending money directly to an indigenous tribe because their land is being directly affected and they have thousand-year old methods for living off the land that will protect the environment and prevent climate change. By donating to an indigenous tribe, we keep the area decolonized and owned by it’s rightful owners. Donate by giving money to your science teacher!

Got sneakers? Don’t throw them away! The Junior Class is running a sneaker drive! Help keep sneakers out of landfills while also putting shoes on the feet of less fortunate people across the world. 

Interested in playing a winter sport?  Signup now using FamilyID so that you are eligible for tryouts!

Community Service:

Need community service hours?  The Museum of Rhinebeck History is looking for a few committed student volunteers to help with the running of the museum. Call Mara at 845.797.5070 to inquire!  

Check the community service calendar for more information! 

A Pre-Calc and Algebra 1 tutor is needed.  If you are interested, please see Ms. Mulkins in guidance.

Happy Birthday Reyna Martinez!