Bulletin 11.25.19

Anchors Emily Lyons and Sofia Rich prepare to broadcast from the steps of Low Library on Columbia campus.

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Monday, November 25 , and it’s an A day.

National Honors Society has set up its gift-giving wreath in the main lobby.  Choose a gift for a child to benefit Astor Home.

Attention Seniors:  The seniors had a class meeting Nov. 20, regarding cap and gown purchases. If you miss the meeting, please visit https://www.jostens.com/grad/caps-and-gowns.html to order your cap and gown ASAP. Search for Rhinebeck High School and find the Cap and Gown Unit ($35). We’d like to see people buy them by Nov. 22nd, or sometime close to this date. 

Attention Seniors:  Please notify your Guidance Counselor when you have submitted your college applications.  Please let Guidance know immediately if a college notifies you of any application parts that are missing after your submission.  Please contact the College Board to request that your Official SAT scores are sent to your colleges. Also, please let your Guidance Counselor know when you have received college acceptance notices.

.

Submit your nomination for the November teacher spotlight!  Rhinebeck Reality will write an article that focuses on a teacher we want to get to know better!

It’s Poetry Out Loud time!  Students in grades 9-12 are selecting poems to recite from memory.  Go to www.poetryoutloud.org and find one you love.  There’s something for everybody!  Recitations in classes will take place on Dec. 5th and 6th.  Students will also have the chance to recite in our school-wide competition on Dec. 11th at the Black Box Theatre’s coffeehouse here at RHS.

ATTENTION RHS! The class of 2022 will be holding a Java Joe coffee and specialty drink sale from November 4th-29th. To order, give your payment to a class officer, a participating 10th grader, or place it in Ms. Hahn’s Mail box in the main office. The top two sellers will receive two movie tickets to the Lyceum theatre in Red Hook and two $2.00 coupons to Holy Cow. Please try your best to participate! 

Environmental Club is raising money to send to indigenous people in the Amazon Rainforest to fight the fires. Protecting the Amazon is a vital part of preventing climate change and provides much of the oxygen on Earth.

Got sneakers? Don’t throw them away! The Junior Class is running a sneaker drive! Help keep sneakers out of landfills while also putting shoes on the feet of less fortunate people across the world. 

Community Service:

Need community service hours?  The Museum of Rhinebeck History is looking for a few committed student volunteers to help with the running of the museum. Call Mara at 845.797.5070 to inquire!  

Earn Community Service and help out at the Chancellor Holiday Market on Saturday, December 14th from 10 am to 4 pm or whatever hours you can help!! Contact Ms. Fortunato at [email protected]

Check the community service calendar for more information! 

Claudio Cares Can Drive is on!  The grade who brings in the most cans will win a prize!

Happy Birthday to Isabel Rosasco and Emma Barry!