Bulletin 12.9.19

Anchors Emily Lyons and Sofia Rich prepare to broadcast from the steps of Low Library on Columbia campus.

Rhinebeck High School Daily Bulletin

Today is Monday, December 9, and it’s an B day.  

Come Dec. 16th to kick your season’s greetings off with a hot cocoa bar!  After the 16th, visit the Writing Center periods 1, 5, 6, 7 or 8 to craft your greetings! Buy your supplies on the 16th and be automatically entered to win a gift card to Oblong Bookstore! Funds raised will help our school’s writers attend Lit Con at Woodstock Day School in March.

Calling All Performers:  The vocal audition packets for the Addams Family Spring Musical are in the chorus room and there are two scripts available for review in the library.

ATTN: DRAMA CLUB: There will be an important meeting TODAY at 2:45pm regarding the HS Musical with Ms Reilly. Meet in rm 151.  Everyone interested in all aspects of the play from acting to stage work should attend.

Poetry Out Loud is happening today and tomorrow!  Let’s celebrate poetry together.  Interested students will recite in our school-wide competition on Dec. 11th at the Black Box Theatre’s coffeehouse.   Speaking of which…

The Rhinebeck Creative Writing Club and Drama Club are proud to present an evening of literary entertainment. The event will feature a variety of monologues and poetry performed by students as well as the RHS semi-finalists in this year’s Poetry Out Loud Competition. Please join us on December 11, 2019 at 7pm in the BMS Cafe.  A suggested admission of $10 includes coffee, tea, cocoa, pastries, cookies, etc. Hope to see you there!

Submit your nomination for the December teacher spotlight!  Rhinebeck Reality will write an article that focuses on a teacher we want to get to know better!

Community Service:

Earn Community Service and help out at the Chancellor Holiday Market on Saturday, December 14th from 10 am to 4 pm or whatever hours you can help!! Contact Ms. Fortunato at [email protected]

Check the community service calendar for more information! 

Claudio Cares Can Drive is on!  The grade who brings in the most cans will win a prize!

Happy Birthday to Noah Lortie and Brittany Hasenflue!