Meet Mr. Milici: Rhinebeck’s New Chorus Teacher

Madeline Murphy

Mr. Milici in his new habitat.

Who’s the new guy?

Mr. Milici is Rhinebeck’s latest teacher addition. As Ms. Lalicki’s successor in the school’s chorus department, he certainly has big shoes to fill. But thankfully, it looks like Mr. Milici is up to the task.

Born and raised in New Paltz, Mr. Milici spent five years teaching middle schoolers there after getting his undergraduate degree in music education from the College of Saint Rose in Albany.

He was later a student teacher at Chancellor Livingston Elementary School under the music teacher Mrs. Kane, and he says he loves Rhinebeck.

I just love the enthusiasm and that the students want to be a part of the group.

— Mr. Milici

Mr. Milici enjoys classic rock, and his favorite band is The Beatles. One of his favorite contemporary artists is Sara Bareilles.

When asked about what musical pieces he was looking forward to this year, he was excited to say that he’s a “sucker for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody.’”

“It’s definitely on the cheesier side,” he admits; “I love that the chorus is excited about it, and the harmonies are coming together.”

What does Mr. Milici love about Rhinebeck High School so far? “I just love the enthusiasm and that the students want to be a part of the group.”

We all may miss Ms. Lalicki and her lively musical choices, but Mr. Milici is a great teacher with fresh ideas. It will be exciting to watch the various RHS ensembles grow under his guidance.

When asked to speak about Ms. Lalicki’s legacy, Mr. Milici had this to say: “The foundation has been set here.”  He is happy to start with something that is already working well, and feels that the chorus program is off to a good start.

Welcome to RHS, Mr. Milici!